Saturday, October 13, 2012

Lyla - Birth Story

I really thought Lyla was going to arrive about a week or 2 early, but she decided to come 2 days early instead.  The reason why I thought she was going to come early is because each week they kept checking me and each week I was dilated further and further.  On Tuesday the 25th, I had a doctor's appointment and I was dilated to a 4.  Then on Wednesday night I felt really funny.  I told Paul that probably in the next day or 2 this little baby girl would come.  Then at 2:00am on Thursday my water broke.  Let me just say that this was the weirdest feeling I have ever had.  With my other 2 kids, the doctor had to brake my water, so this was a new experience for me.  Once my water broke, Paul and I hurried to get everything together to go to the hospital.  Then we put the kids in the car and we were off to the hospital.  My dad met us at the hospital to take the kids to his house.  Then we checked in and waited.  Then about 5:00 I was getting the worst back labor ever.  Once again, this was something I have never experience before and it was the worst pain ever.  The nurse checked me and I was a 6 so it was epidural time.  Let me say as soon as I got the epidural I was pain free.  It was the best.  The nurse checked me again at 6:30am and I was dilated to a 8, so they called my doctor and she headed to the hospital.  Around 7:15 she walked in and told me to start pushing and finally at 7:25am Lyla was born.  Besides experiencing back pain for a little while, the labor and the delivering went great.  So the nurse told me that I was in labor for about 2 1/2 hours because my labor really didn't start until about 5:00am.  I would have to say that this was the best delivery that I have had so far.  I let Lyla come when she wanted and in return she came out very easy for me.
 At 32 weeks, Lyla was 3 pounds, so they thought she was going to be at least 6 pounds when she was born, but that was not the case.


She loved when the nurse washed her hair.  She did not make a sound.


 The kids meeting Lyla for the first time





3 comments:

Randi said...

None of these pictures will load for me and it's making me so sad!

chad said...

yay I can see now. Beautiful family! Kind of blows my mind that you have 3 kids though. Hope you're doing well :)

Meg and Ryan said...

Ugh, back labor is THE WORST, I had it with Cooper and I thought I was going to die. I can't belive you have three kids now!!! Congratulations, such a beautiful family!!!