Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chloe Veirs

On Monday the 12 at 1:00 in the morning, we went to the hospital to get induced. When I got to the hospital I was dilated to a 4, so they waited to give me pitosin until 3:30am. They thought once I had the pitosin, I would go pretty fast. At 3:30am they started me on pitosin, but very slowly. At 9:00am, I was dilated to a 6, so they broke my water and gave me the epidural. After about an hour, I started feeling some pain so they gave more medicine and turned me to my other side. The pain went away, but I kept feeling her kicking my ribs which was a little painful. Then all of a sudden I heard this sound like a "gushy" sound, so I screamed at Paul to wake up and to look under my sheet to make sure that everything was ok. Paul lifted up the sheet to check on everything and there was her head and shoulders just laying there. Paul screamed for the nurse to come in and everyone comes rushing in and the nurse pulls the rest of her body out. I did not have to do one push for her to come out. The doctor came in about 3 minutes after everything happened and said that was the easiest delivery he has ever had. But let me just say, that when everyone was taking care of the baby and me, I was laying in bed in shock. I couldn't believe that she was out of me and I didn't do anything. It was a crazy experience.

Anyways, Chloe Beverly Veirs was born on July 12, 2010 at 10:50am. She was 7 pounds 1 ounce and 19 inches long. She is so tiny and very cute. Max is doing pretty well with her. He loves to give her kisses and give her blanket to her. It is a lot of fun to have her in our family. It is a lot different changing a girl's diaper, but I do like to dress her.

Max meeting Chloe for the very first time



She is so much smaller than Max was in this car seat.




Max is and looks so much bigger than her and he is on the small size for his age

Thank you for all the calls and comments posted. Chloe is healthy and we are both doing well.

11 comments:

cait said...

yay!!!! she is adorable. congratulations, love the name! olivia was almost chloe, i love it!

The Cambruzzi's: Jeff, Dakota & Aria said...

I'm sitting here still unbelieving that you have TWO kids. Its so great Dani. I'm so happy for you and Paul! xoxox

Alex said...

Congratulations! She's adorable. What a great delivery story. I'm sure that will be with the doc forever!

Emily said...

I can't believe she just slid out! That's the best delivery baby story I've ever heard. Congratulations Dani, you're such a good little mommy!!

Ang said...

Congrats! That is an AWESOME birth story! She is a doll.

Randi said...

Congratulations! i keep reading this story and it cracks me up. Keep posting when you can so I can hear about how everything is going :)

miss aubrey said...

Dani, congratulations on your beautiful new baby girl! two kids!! I agree with Dakota, life moves so fast. Your delivery story is amazing, keep us posted on your new edition! xoxo

Lance and Becky said...

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard and makes me hate you a little bit that it was sooo simple! Every part for me was insane!Congrats on your little girl.

Terri OConnor said...

Dani,

Great story! I hope the rest of her life unfolds just as effortless.
love

Aly said...

Way cute!! It's crazy you both have two kids now and a house. We feel way behind. Oh, and our picture on Facebook is at Niagara Falls.

Rach said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is gorgeous!! Good luck with 2 babies:) Hope we get to meet her soon!