Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving, was the first Thanksgiving that Paul and I didn't spend it with family. We would have gone to Southern Cali to see Paul's family, but I didn't want to drive 5 hours being 34 weeks pregnant. So we decided to have our first Thanksgiving by ourselves and the first Thanksgiving that I actually cooked everything. I made my first pies ever which were pumpkin and apple which were pretty good. I also made homemade rolls. i had the pies and the rolls done a couple of days before Thanksgiving which made things very nice. On Wednesday afternoon, I got I phone call from my mom saying that she was coming up to Arizona to spend Thanksgiving with us. Her plans changed for Thanksgiving and she realized she wanted to spend Thanksgiving with at least one of her kids, so she drove all the way up here. I was happy to see her and she got to help me with thanksgiving dinner which was very nice. So I guess we didn't have Thanksgiving by ourselves and I guess I had some help with the cooking, but at least now I feel confident that I could cook Thanksgiving if I had to.




Paul and I got up early and did the after day Thanksgiving shopping. We got up at 3 in the morning to go to babies r us because we wanted a rocker that was 50% off. We didn't know how crazy it was going to be because I have never done a baby store before. I have done target and that is crazy. We realized that we did not have to get there until at least 4:30, but we were the first ones in the store and we got our rocker and other things. Then we picked up my mom and did some other stores. Even though we were very tired, it was still a lot of fun.This year, we did my family tradition. We got our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. Ever since I can remember my family has gone and cut down a tree the day after Thanksgiving and I told Paul that I want to continue that tradition. We didn't cut down a tree this year because it is expensive to do, but at least we got our tree after Thanksgiving and it was also our first real Christmas tree.


I had a great Thanksgiving this year. I loved having my mom come up and spend time with us. Thank you mom for all the cooking, cleaning, and helping you did. Thank you Paul for getting up so early with me and waiting outside of babies r us for about 2 hours while I sat in the car. And next Thanksgiving we will have our little boy with us. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Jayne said...

Dani--You are so cute!! Sounds like a fun thanksgiving. Your Mom must really love you tons to drive that far. Of course you are so lovable and you all look wonderful. I will show these to Grandma Aileen. She is always talking about you and how much she misses you. You have always been her favorite you know!!! She just recently hung up a picture you drew her years ago. How is that for being loved!!
I love you too
Jayne

Lance and Becky said...

Dani I am glad you had a good time! You are crazy for getting up that early! I had to work that day. Do you have a name? Are you keeping it a secret? We are naming our little boy Wyatt! You look great I hope I look that good at 34 weeks. One more week and I hit the half way marker..it is going by super fast for me...CRAZY!!

Grandma Aileen said...

Dani I loved the pictures. i really like your Christmas tree. I bet it was fun to shop for the baby. Getting a rocking chair for the baby is so special. I remember the first rocker I ever had. It was the only piece of furniture we had in our first little house. I had the rocker in the living room and it was the one piece of furniture we had for a long time, except for the kitchen table and 4 chrome HARD chairs, which my big belly would not fit on. It was just before Danny was born and I didn't have anything to sit on. Your Grandpa Lloyd went out bought me a rocking chair was padded. Danny and I sat in that. I love you both--all three of you
Much Love, Grandma

Liz said...

You look great! I'm so impressed that you got up early to go shopping on Black Friday - it's a good thing you got that rocker - that's a good husband, letting you sit in the car while he waited outside of Babies R Us for 2 hours, especially that early in the morning. Love you guys!

Grandma Aileen said...

I know the time seems to drag waiting for the due date. Pretty soon you will have that baby boy to hold. Hang in there.
Love
Grandma