Monday, August 27, 2012

6 year Anniversary

On August 4th, Paul and I celebrated our 6 year Anniversary.  I can't believe Paul and I have been married for 6 years now.  These 6 years have gone by way too fast. This year for our Anniversary we were determined to do something fun before this little one arrives.  Heidi and Eirik volunteered to watch our kids for the weekend which was so nice of them to do.  So we decided to drive to Vancouver for the weekend.  This was the perfect little getaway.  It was outside of Washington so it felt like a real vacation but we were only 3 hours away from the kids just in case something happened.  I have only left Max for a weekend and I have never been away from Chloe so I was a little nervous.  I had no idea how they were going to do, but of course they did great and they had so much fun.  Heidi and Eirik kept them busy so I don't think they really noticed that we were gone.  I would have to say that it was so nice to be away from my kids and actually spend time with Paul.  I love my kids a lot, but it was nice to actually be able to talk to each other and eat a meal without rushing. 
While we were there we did all the tourist things.  We walked around a lot so by the end of the day I was tired.  It would have been a lot more fun if I wasn't 32 weeks pregnant, but there wasn't much I could do about that.
 
Downtown Vancouver

 
Views from Stanley Park of North Vancouver
 

 
Public Market


The beach

For our Anniversary dinner, we decided to treat ourselves to this Japenese BBQ place.  They bring all the food to you and you cook it at your table.  We would never be able to do this with kids so it was a treat.  And let me say this food was amazing.  The meat was so good
 

I know this is a lovely picture.  But there was a gelato place across the street from our hotel which was so good, so every night we ended up getting gelato before going back to our hotel. 

Thanks again to Heidi and Eirik for watching our 2 crazy children for the weekend.

Thank you Paul for being the best husband any wife could ask for.  You have made these past 6 years the best years of my life and I can't wait for more to come.  I love you
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Meg and Ryan said...

6 years!? Where does the time go, i still remember when you guys got married! Happy anniversary, you have such a cute family!